NW.js v0.17.0 Released with Today's Chromium 53 Upgrade and Node.js v6.5.0
We are happy to release NW.js 0.17.0 with today's Chromium stable 53. Node.js is updated to v6.5.0. It also contains bug fixes since 0.16.1.
Chromium 53 contains under-the-hood performance and stability tweaks, and some cool new features to explore. See the upstream announcement for more information. NW17 also features V8 5.3, which has some exciting improvements on performance and memory consumption.
We've made the 0.17 branch ready soon after Chromium beta bumps to 53. Thanks to the beta testers for their valuable feedback as there is significant internal changes on the build system in this version. We've been working on 3 branches simultaneously: a released branch on current Chromium stable, a beta branch on Chromium beta and a LTS branch which will be supported for the next 2 years.
For more information on the new milestone 0.13 and later versions, please see our blog "What's New in 0.13" for a better introduction.
ChangeLog since v0.16.1
- Update Chromium to 53.0.2785.89
- Update Node.js to 6.5.0
- Fix: new_instance does not create new renderer process (#5163)
- Fix: [OSX] crash on setting menubar in 0.17 beta (#5229)
- Fix: Tray Icon Menu not working (#5202)
- Fix: Crashing on link open in webview (#5226)
- Fix: nwjs 0.17 beta - crash at boot (#5193)
- Fix: multiple evalNWBin always execute just the first *.bin (#5168)
- Fix: regression - Shortcut not work in devtools while it placed in a webview (#4709)
- Fix: [GN] mac symbol generation
- [docs] new build documentation for GN
Full ChangeLog: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/blob/nw17/CHANGELOG.md
Binary for other platforms: https://dl.nwjs.io/v0.17.0/
There are 2 builds for each platform - normal build, and SDK build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does. lt can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK packages also have more development tools to be exposed in the following releases, as well as the NaCl support.
Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you can access to the latest binary from https://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/
See our mailing list to discuss on this release: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nwjs-general/KNL3C_pMYWM/gU7fdeKqBwAJ