NW.js v0.13.0-beta5 Release Notes
We are pleased to announce NW.js 0.13.0-beta5. Chromium 48 is updated to 48.0.2564.97 from 48.0.2564.82. Multiple bugs were fixed including XP support, transparency, window operations, cookie and webrequest API.
We'll look into upgrading to Chromium 49 before RC release.
Chromium 48 brings exciting changes including custom buttons in the notification; VP9 as the codec for WebRTC, see http://blog.chromium.org/2015/12/chrome-48-beta-present-to-cast-devices_91.html . You can use them in your NW app today.
If you're new to this major new beta version 0.13, please read http://nwjs.io/blog/v0.13.0-beta1/
- Update Chromium to 48.0.2564.97
- Add back transparency support which is missing in beta4
- support program args in chromedriver
- port App.open argument (#4289)
- support webkit.plugin field in manifest
- Fix package script to support Win XP (#4181)
- [OSX] disable double tap with 2 fingers by default and add option for it (#4249)
- Fix: support window id in Window.open() (#4268)
- Fix: permission for webRequest API (#4220)
- rename 'inject-js-start' with 'inject_js_start' and add it to Window.open options (#4286)
- rename 'always-on-top' with 'always_on_top', and 'visible-on-all-workspaces' with 'visible_on_all_workspaces'
- Fix: infinite loop in nw.Window.close(true) (#4171)
- Fix: Window title not changed by setting document.title (#3589)
- Fix: startup slow because of scanning for invalid file name (#4303)
- Fix: [OSX] suppress warning when opening devtools
- Fix: conflict between promise rejection callbacks from Blink and Node (#4300)
- Fix: Taking heap snapshot crashes webkit (#3678)
- Fix: [OSX] App quits when closing window if window.show is false in manifest (#4187)
- Fix: crash when opening external links with browser in devtools (#4269, #4121)
- Fix: crash when opening external links with browser in print preview (#4270)
- Fix: cookies API (#4199)
- [docs] add enable-gcm
- [docs] add double_tap_to_zoom_enabled
- [docs] add FAQ for console.log
- [docs] Updated FAQ for AnuglarJS 2
NaCl build and other platforms: http://dl.nwjs.io/v0.13.0-beta5/
There are 3 builds for each platform - normal build, sdk build and Nacl build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does. lt can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK packages also have more development tools to be exposed in the following releases, as well as the NaCl support.
Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you can access to the latest binary from http://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/