NW.js v0.13.3 Released with disable requestAnimationFrame throttling feature
We're glad to release NW.js 0.13.3. It includes a feature to disable requestAnimationFrame throttling when window is minimized or hidden; Node.js is updated to 5.10.0; and some fixes we made during these days.
A new command line argument '--disable-raf-throttling' is introduced. When it's used, requestAnimationFrame callback will continue to fire when window is minimized or hidden. It's pretty useful for game developer. When the argument is not used, it behaves in the same way as Chrome browser and has no side effects.
For more information on the new milestone 0.13, please see our blog "What's New in 0.13" for a better introduction.
- Update Node.js to 5.10.0
- support --disable-raf-throttling to enable RequestAnimationFrame for background apps (#4664)
- Fix: App will crash if CFBundleIdentifier in plist longer than 30 chrs (#4638)
- Fix: Crash when open a pdf file in webview. (#4644)
- Fix: [WIN] window restore size is changed when aero glass is on (#4323)
- Fix: inject_js_end not working on remote pages (#4656)
- Fix: Queries were sent to Google to update plugin metadata (#4669)
- Fix: [WIN] Window size includes title bar (#4627)
- Fix: Crash when bg-script calls nw.Window.get() (#4368)
- Fix: Disabled menu item, still accessible via hotkey (#2261)
- Fix: Unable to turn off / disable debug.log (#4637)
- [docs] data-path -> user-data-dir
- [docs] add link to buildbot
- [docs] using flash plugin
- [docs] location of nwjc and chromedriver
Full changelog: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/blob/nw13/CHANGELOG.md
NaCl build and other platforms: http://dl.nwjs.io/v0.13.3/
There are 3 builds for each platform - normal build, sdk build and Nacl build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does. lt can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK packages also have more development tools to be exposed in the following releases, as well as the NaCl support.
Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you can access to the latest binary from http://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/
See our mailing list to discuss on this release: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nwjs-general/KiSR4vWOUnw/8UQYT_KsCgAJ