NW.js v0.14.0 Released with Chromium stable 50
We are excited to release NW.js 0.14.0 with latest Chromium stable 50.0.2661.75.
See upstream blog for exciting new features and improvements in Chromium 50: http://blog.chromium.org/2016/03/chrome-50-beta-push-notification.html
Following our release plan in 2016, we want to release a new major version as soon as a new Chromium stable release. After 3 RC versions in the beta branch for 0.14 with Chromium 50, we make the final version available within 24 hours following upstream relase. Thanks to all the users reporting issues and feedback.
We've been working on 2 branches simultaneously: a released branch on current Chromium stable; and a beta branch on Chromium beta. In the past 0.13.x and 0.14.0-rc releases, as soon as an version is available in upstream, we released the updated NW.js within 24 hours. This is helpful to deliver new features and security fixes to users in time.
For more information on the new milestone 0.13 and later versions which has an optimized architecture, please see our blog "What's New in 0.13" for a better introduction.
- Update Chromium to 50.0.2661.75
- Fix: AlwaysOnTop does not work with Fullscreen or overlapping toolbar (#4554)
- Fix: Window object from
new_instancewindow was opened (#4691)
- Fix: Linux Fedora application menu says 'nwjs' instead of package.json name (#4693)
- Fix: Shortcut not work in devtools while it placed in a webview (#4709)
- Fix: nw.App.clearCache hang and it should be sync (#4674)
- Fix: Crashes sometimes when using menu.popup and GC happens (#4697)
- Fix: Win.isFullscreen and isAlwaysOnTop should not be function (#4446)
Full changelog: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/blob/nw14/CHANGELOG.md
NaCl build and other platforms: http://dl.nwjs.io/v0.14.0/
There are 3 builds for each platform - normal build, sdk build and Nacl build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does. lt can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK packages also have more development tools to be exposed in the following releases, as well as the NaCl support.
Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you can access to the latest binary from http://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/
See our mailing list to discuss on this release: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nwjs-general/sLlPSsJlqnw/UAnhRYnSAwAJ