NW.js v0.15.3 Released with Chromium 51 update and Node.js v6.2.2
NW.js 0.15.3 is here with yesterday's Chromium stable 51 update, Node.js v6.2.2 and bug fixes since last version.
In Chrome 51 upstream introduced support for passive event listeners and Intersection Observer, two emerging web standards that help developers create engaging, efficient experiences. See blog New APIs to help developers improve scroll performance in Chromium 51 for these 2 features. See also more exciting new features and improvements in Chromium 51: http://blog.chromium.org/2016/04/chrome-51-beta-credential-management.html ;
Following our release plan in 2016, we have released new major versions as soon as new Chromium stable release within 1 day. We've been working on 3 branches simultaneously: a released branch on current Chromium stable, a beta branch on Chromium beta and a LTS branch which will be supported for the next 2 years.
For more information on the new milestone 0.13 and later versions, please see our blog "What's New in 0.13" for a better introduction.
- Update Chromium to 51.0.2704.103
- Update Node.js to v6.2.2
- Fix: [WIN] user data migration from 0.12
- Fix: FileList object in dragover event callback is not set correctly
- Fix: crash on JSON.stringify(window) (#4959)
- Fix: open mini browser for links in PDF (#4915)
- Fix: possible race condition in content verfication
- Fix: protect package.json from hacking for content verification
- Fix: Disabled contextual menu plug-in items on mac
- [doc] changed link for FFmpeg precompiled binaries
- [doc] dded JS file as possibility for the "main" field
Full changelog: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/blob/nw15/CHANGELOG.md
Binaries for other platforms: http://dl.nwjs.io/v0.15.3/
There are 2 builds for each platform - normal build, and SDK build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does. lt can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK packages also have more development tools to be exposed in the following releases, as well as the NaCl support. The NaCl build flavor in 0.14 and 0.13 was dropped due to very low usage and feedback
Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you can access to the latest binary from http://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/
See our mailing list to discuss on this release: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nwjs-general/2OpbJ9flm6g/VShIiEiGAwAJ