NW.js v0.16.0-rc1 Released with Chromium Beta 52 Update
NW.js 0.16.0-rc1 is released in Beta branch with latest Chromium beta 52.0.2743.73. This version introduces CSS containment, simpler performance measurement, streamable responses from service workers, and more options for web push. This version includes many bug fixes since 0.15.4. Because Chromium 52 and NW 0.16.0 will be released soon, there will not be more releases in 0.15 branch.
See upstream blog for exciting new features and improvements in Chromium 52: http://blog.chromium.org/2016/06/chrome-52-beta-css-containment-simpler.html
Following our release plan in 2016, we want to release a new major version as soon as a new Chromium stable release. That means 0.16.0 should be released soon after Chromium 52 released as stable version, which is expected to happen in mid July. So 0.16.0 testing versions are released now for preview and test purpose. Please try it and give your valuable feedback.
We've been working on 3 branches simultaneously: a released branch on current Chromium stable, a beta branch on Chromium beta and a LTS branch which will be supported for the next 2 years.
For more information on the new milestone 0.13 and later versions, please see our blog "What's New in 0.13" for a better introduction.
- Update Chromium to 52.0.2743.73
- Add App.clearAppCache(manifest_url) for clearing Application Cache (#4991)
- Enable password autosaving for http auth dialog (#4966)
- Margin option support for printer api (#5033)
- Fix: finding bundled pepper flash plugin (#5068)
- Fix: Silent printing with win.print() for pdfs (#5002)
- Fix: Permission Denied error when using chrome.bluetoothLowEnergy API (#5010)
- Fix: [OSX] Choose directory dialog shows "Upload" instead of "Select" (#5058)
- Fix: menu bar background (#4851)
- Fix: send positions arguments to click event handler of Tray (#1874)
- Fix: DesktopCaptureMonitor desktop stream does not get AudioTrack (#5029)
- Fix: crash in win.showDevTools() with string id (#5061)
- Fix: webview.clearData crash (#5087)
- Fix: Buffer encoding handling with input from DOM elements (#5069)
- Fix: Window resize event returns undefined for height (#4993)
- Fix: can not remove shortcut key at menuItem (#5026)
- Fix: win.showDevTools crash with empty string id (#5061)
- Updated win_delay_load_hook.c to work with email@example.com (#5088)
- [docs] margins for Window.print()
- [docs] Native Module building in nw15 and later
Binary for other platforms: http://dl.nwjs.io/v0.16.0-rc1/
There are 2 builds for each platform - normal build, and SDK build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does. lt can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK packages also have more development tools to be exposed in the following releases, as well as the NaCl support.
Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you can access to the latest binary from http://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/
See our mailing list to discuss on this release: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nwjs-general/p_97V-Pdx24/u_jaQw8dCwAJ