NW.js v0.18.6 Released with Chromium 54 Security Update and Node.js v7.1.0
NW.js 0.18.6 is here with Chromium 54 security update, Node.js v7.1.0 and bug fixes: High CVE-2016-5199: Heap corruption in FFmpeg. High CVE-2016-5200: Out of bounds memory access in V8.
Chromium is updated to 54.0.2840.99 for Windows, 54.0.2840.98 for Mac, and 54.0.2840.100 on Linux. We use the same version 54.0.2840.99 for all the 3 platforms after reviewing the changes between them.
The documentation is updated to introduce how to use NPM to install native modules: https://nwjs.io/blog/install-native-modules-with-npm/
Following our release plan in 2016, we release new versions as soon as Chromium stable is updated.
For more information on the new milestone 0.13 and later versions, please see our blog "What's New in 0.13" for a better introduction.
- Update Chromium to 54.0.2840.99
- Update Node.js to 7.1.0
- Fix: registerGlobalHotKey and alert (#4992)
nwworkingdirattribute for multiple file input (#5327)
- Fix: Take heap snapshot crash Mac OS X - nwjs 0.18.0 (#5375)
- Fix: WebUSB API not working (#5418)
- Fix: --single-process not working in manifest (#5389)
- Fix: window minimize event bug (#5388)
- Fix: Linux Fedora application menu says 'nwjs' instead of package.json name (#4693)
- Fix: PNaCl not working in OSX
- Fix: Devtools extension load throws error (#5428)
- Fix: Icon is broken when launched with relative path to parent folder (#5402)
- Fix: Node worker crash when being closed in some cases
- [doc] rebuilding native modules with npm
Full changelog: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/blob/nw18/CHANGELOG.md
Binaries for other platforms: https://dl.nwjs.io/v0.18.6/
There are 2 builds for each platform - normal build, and SDK build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does. lt can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK packages also have more development tools to be exposed in the following releases, as well as the NaCl support.
Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you can access to the latest binary from https://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/
See our mailing list to discuss on this release: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nwjs-general/ZCPEUQLYvM4/AVYVomx2BwAJ