NW.js v0.21.1 Released
The 0.21.1 fixed an important issue with which wrong user data path is used on Windows.
Earlier today we announce NW.js 0.21.0 with Chromium 57 stable upgrade and Node.js v7.7.2.
Chromium 57 contains under-the-hood performance and stability tweaks, and some cool new features to explore like CSS Grid Layout and WebAssembly support. See the upstream announcement for more information.
0.21.0 includes 2 important bug fixes for:
- Program hang or crash after printing (or other few synchronized operations)
- Microtasks in Blink are called in different cycles with Chromium
We've made the 0.21 branch ready soon after Chromium beta bumps to 57. Thanks to the testers for their valuable feedback. We've been working on 3 branches simultaneously: a released branch on current Chromium stable, a beta branch on Chromium beta and a 0.14 branch for legacy OS support.
For more information on the new milestone 0.13 and later versions, please see our blog "What's New in 0.13" for a better introduction.
- Fix: NW is not using the package.json name parm as part of folder path any longer (#5762)
- Update Chromium to 57.0.2987.98
- Update Node.js to v7.7.2
- Fix: Print cancel close app (#5742)
- Fix: Helper renderer process hangs on opening and closing print window several times (#5020)
- Fix: Microtasks in Blink are executed in different cycles with Chrome (#5730)
- Fix: Debug component build on OSX
- [docs] Building NW: directory name change of third_party/node
- [docs] Added "Autoupdates.md" for node-webkit-updater and nwjs-autoupdater
Full ChangeLog: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/blob/nw21/CHANGELOG.md
Binary for other platforms: https://dl.nwjs.io/v0.21.1/
There are 2 builds for each platform - normal build, and SDK build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does. lt can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK packages also have more development tools to be exposed in the following releases, as well as the NaCl support.
Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you can access to the latest binary from https://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/
See our mailing list to discuss on this release: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nwjs-general/DuTq9CPbi4o/7UMjdvMiEQAJ