NW.js v0.21.4 Released with Chromium 57 Update and Node.js v7.8.0
0.21.4 is released with Chromium 57 stable update happened earlier today, as well as Node.js v7.8.0.
We've made the 0.21 branch ready soon after Chromium beta bumps to 57. Thanks to the testers for their valuable feedback. Chromium 57 contains under-the-hood performance and stability tweaks, and some cool new features to explore like CSS Grid Layout and WebAssembly support. See the upstream announcement for more information.
We've been working on 3 branches simultaneously: a released branch on current Chromium stable, a beta branch on Chromium beta and a 0.14 branch for legacy OS support. For more information on the new milestone 0.13 and later versions, please see our blog "What's New in 0.13" for a better introduction.
- Update Chromium to 57.0.2987.133
- Update Node.js to v7.8.0
- Fix: linux symbol files are almost empty
- Fix: Blank window is not closed after download (#5734)
- Fix: When flash was first used on Windows then console windows with "echo NOT SANDBOXED" flickered (#5278)
- Fix: crash when showing WebUSB chooser window (#5808)
- Fix: allow html fs quota by default (#5177)
- Fix: reload app breaks the "global" object with --load-extension (#5483)
- Fix: opening external url from iframe works only once (#5680)
- Fix: iframe should not have independent NWWindow object (#5043)
- Fix: use .sym filename extension for linux symbol files (#5608)
- [docs] Fix quote in documentation of Flash
- [docs] add nw-autoupdater
- [docs] add link to js src protection performance fix
Full ChangeLog: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/blob/nw21/CHANGELOG.md
Binary for other platforms: https://dl.nwjs.io/v0.21.4/
There are 2 builds for each platform - normal build, and SDK build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does. lt can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK packages also have more development tools to be exposed in the following releases, as well as the NaCl support.
Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you can access to the latest binary from https://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/
See our mailing list to discuss on this release: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nwjs-general/ze3C_mhwt4M/UPTqAkw6FwAJ