NW.js v0.26.1 Released with Node.js 8.8.1 Security Update
This is a release for the Node.js security update as well as the bug fixes.
Last week we announced NW.js 0.26 with Chromium 62 upgrade. It supports Network Quality Estimator API, OpenType variable fonts, and media capture from DOM elements. Please check upstream information here. The stable upgrade contains many security fixes as well.
We made the 0.26 branch ready soon after Chromium beta bumps to 62. Thanks to the testers for their valuable feedback and bug reports. We've been working on 3 branches simultaneously: a released branch on current Chromium stable, a beta branch on Chromium beta and a 0.14 branch for legacy OS support.
- Update Node.js to v8.8.1
- Fix: WebSocket and resource loader throttling (#6231)
- Fix: Rendering glitches in High Sierra (upstream bug #773705)
- Fix: Maximized frameless transparent window maintains right resize area exposed (#6221)
- Fix: Windows snap is lost with frameless transparent window and webkit-app-region drag (#6219)
- Fix: The frame border will be displayed when it is started (#6217)
- Fix: Remove settings button from native notifications on Linux (#6194)
- Fix: Cross-origin iframe doesn't have accessible "parent" and "top" properties in "window.parent" (#6144)
Full ChangeLog: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/blob/nw26/CHANGELOG.md
Binary for other platforms: https://dl.nwjs.io/v0.26.1/
There are 2 builds for each platform - normal build, and SDK build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does. lt can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK packages also have more development tools to be exposed in the following releases, as well as the NaCl support.
Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you can access to the latest binary from https://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/
See our mailing list to discuss on this release: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nwjs-general/NZuo_e1gwXQ/ZKatxFYuBQAJ