NW.js v0.27.0 Released with Chromium 63 Upgrade
We're excited to announce NW.js 0.27.0 with Chromium 63 upgrade, security updates within it and Node 9.2.0.
Chromium 63 contains usual under-the-hood performance and stability tweaks, but there are also some cool new features to explore. It supports Dynamic module imports, async iterators and generators and Device Memory API. Please check upstream information for details.
In this version, we added support for loading compiled JS binary in Web Worker, options for injecting scripts into main world or isolated world of webview. A crash bug with some native modules is fixed. A bug with
--in-process-gpu is fixed to support Steam games better.
We've made the 0.27 branch ready soon after Chromium beta bumps to 63. Thanks to the testers for their valuable feedback and bug reports. We've been working on 3 branches simultaneously: a released branch on current Chromium stable, a beta branch on Chromium beta and a 0.14 branch for legacy OS support.
For more information on the new milestone 0.13 and later versions, please see our blog "What's New in 0.13" for a better introduction.
- Update Chromium to 63.0.3239.84
- Update Node.js to v9.2.0
- support loading compiled JS binary in Web Worker (#6203)
- support options for injecting in main or isolated world of webview (#6299, #6229)
- support disabling Flash plugin via chrome.contentSettings API (#6216)
- Fix: crashes with some native modules
- Fix: stale process with '--in-process-gpu' and Steam client (#6059)
- Fix: crashes when the specific PDF is loaded in the webview (#6293)
- Fix: process exit when native node module calls node::AtExit() (#6047)
- Remove: migrate indexdb from nw12
- Support compiling ES6 module source with nwjc '--nw-module'; Partly fix #6303
- [docs] executeScript in main world of webview
- [docs] use NW JS binary in workers
Binary for other platforms: https://dl.nwjs.io/v0.27.0/
There are 2 builds for each platform - normal build, and SDK build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does. lt can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK packages also have more development tools to be exposed in the following releases, as well as the NaCl support.
Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you can access to the latest binary from https://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/
See our mailing list to discuss on this release: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nwjs-general/oehW7oCCXyw/PFJfzht9AgAJ