NW.js v0.30.5 Released with Chromium Update, PaymentRequest API Support
NW.js 0.30.5 is released to sync with Chromium update. It also contains bug fixes and upstream PaymentRequest API support.
Previously we announced NW.js 0.30.0 stable with Chromium 66 upgrade. There are 62 security fixes in that version.
Chromium 66 contains usual under-the-hood performance and stability tweaks, but there are also some cool new features to explore. It supports ImageBitmap Rendering Context for canvas, CSS Typed Object Model, Async Clipboard API, AudioWorklet and many more. Please check upstream information for details. For a complete list of all features (including experimental features) in this release, see the Chrome 66 milestone hotlist.
We've made the 0.30 branch ready soon after Chromium beta bumps to 66. Thanks to the testers for their valuable feedback and bug reports. We've been working on 2 branches simultaneously: a released branch on current Chromium stable and a beta branch on Chromium beta.
- Update Chromium to 66.0.3359.181
- Support PaymentRequest API in chrome-extension (#6595)
- Fix: crash when using service worker (#6624)
- Fix: NW app not launching if RoamingProfileSupportEnabled registry key is set (#6621)
- Fix: [Linux] Window should be resizable after setting resizable to true (#6609)
- Fix: [Win] Upload button instead of select on folder picker nwdirectory (#6610)
- Fix: Dev Tools crash when clearing Memory Profiles with
Full ChangeLog: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/blob/nw30/CHANGELOG.md
Binary for other platforms: https://dl.nwjs.io/v0.30.5/
There are 2 builds for each platform - normal build, and SDK build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does. lt can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK packages also have more development tools to be exposed in the following releases, as well as the NaCl support.
Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you can access to the latest binary from https://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/
See our mailing list to discuss on this release: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nwjs-general/1GexymftoFA/_xjGhHK6AAAJ