NW.js v0.32.0 Released with Chromium 68 Stable Upgrade
The NW.js team is excited to announce a new major version 0.32.0 with Chromium 68. There are 42 security fixes in this version including:
- High CVE-2018-6153: Stack buffer overflow in Skia.
- High CVE-2018-6154: Heap buffer overflow in WebGL.
- High CVE-2018-6155: Use after free in WebRTC.
- High CVE-2018-6156: Heap buffer overflow in WebRTC.
Chromium 68 contains usual under-the-hood performance and stability tweaks, but there are also some cool new features to explore. It supports payment handler API, page lifecycle API, High resolution timestamp for Gamepad and many more. Please check upstream information for details. For a complete list of all features (including experimental features) in this release, see the Chrome 68 milestone hotlist.
We've made the 0.32 branch ready soon after Chromium beta bumps to 68. Thanks to the testers for their valuable feedback and bug reports. We've been working on 2 branches simultaneously: a released branch on current Chromium stable and a beta branch on Chromium beta.
- Update Chromium to 68.0.3440.75
- Fix: OSX - 0.32.0b1 App crashes when textbox selected (#6701)
- Fix: Tray menu cannot be navigated with keyboard under Windows (#6580)
Full ChangeLog: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/blob/nw32/CHANGELOG.md
Binary for other platforms: https://dl.nwjs.io/v0.32.0/
There are 2 builds for each platform - normal build, and SDK build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does. lt can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK packages also have more development tools to be exposed in the following releases, as well as the NaCl support.
Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you can access to the latest binary from https://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/