NW.js v0.33.0 Released with Chromium 69 Stable Upgrade, AV1 video decoder, new CSS tricks and OffscreenCanvas
I'm excited to announce a new major version 0.33.0 with Chromium 69. There are 40 security fixes in this version including:
- High CVE-2018-16065: Out of bounds write in V8.
- High CVE-2018-16066: Out of bounds read in Blink.
- High CVE-2018-16067: Out of bounds read in WebAudio.
- High CVE-2018-16068: Out of bounds write in Mojo.
- High CVE-2018-16069: Out of bounds read in SwiftShader.
- High CVE-2018-16070: Integer overflow in Skia.
- High CVE-2018-16071: Use after free in WebRTC.
Chromium 69 contains usual under-the-hood performance and stability tweaks, but there are also some cool new features to explore. It supports AV1 video decoder, new CSS tricks, OffscreenCanvas, Keyboard Map API and many more. Please check upstream information for details. For a complete list of all features (including experimental features) in this release, see the Chrome 69 milestone hotlist.
We've made the 0.33 branch ready soon after Chromium beta bumps to 69. Thanks to the testers for their valuable feedback and bug reports. We've been working on 2 branches simultaneously: a released branch on current Chromium stable and a beta branch on Chromium beta.
- Update Chromium to 69.0.3497.81
- Fix: libnode.so should not depends on newer version of libstdc++ on CentOS 7 (#6783)
- Fix: OSX - Transparency broken on 0.33.0b1. Thanks to Jefry Tedjokusumo (#6750)
Full ChangeLog: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/blob/nw33/CHANGELOG.md
Binary for other platforms: https://dl.nwjs.io/v0.33.0/
There are 2 builds for each platform - normal build, and SDK build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does. lt can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK packages also have more development tools to be exposed in the following releases, as well as the NaCl support.
Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you can access to the latest binary from https://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/
See our mailing list to discuss on this release: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nwjs-general/Vgnfz6dsKVM/Xgt2OywoBgAJ