NW.js v0.34.0 Released with Chromium 70 Stable Upgrade and Node.js v11 Pre-release
I'm excited to announce NW.js 0.34.0 stable upgrade. It comes with Chromium 70 and Node.js v11 pre-release. In this version, the v8 public API has changed so Node.js v11 is needed. If you use any native modules, they may need to be upgraded for the new API. Node.js v11 stable release is expected to happen later in this month.
Chromium 70 contains usual under-the-hood performance and stability tweaks, but there are also some cool new features to explore. It supports shape detection, web authentication, and more. Please check upstream information for details. For a complete list of all features (including experimental features) in this release, see the Chrome 70 milestone hotlist. The V8 engine is updated with new features such as WebAssembly Threads and
There are 23 security fixes in this release including:
- High CVE-2018-17462: Sandbox escape in AppCache.
- High CVE-2018-17463: Remote code execution in V8.
- High CVE to be assigned: Heap buffer overflow in Little CMS in PDFium.
- High CVE-2018-17465: Use after free in V8.
- High CVE-2018-17466: Memory corruption in Angle.
We made the 0.34 branch ready soon after Chromium beta bumps to 70. Thanks to the testers for their valuable feedback and bug reports. We've been working on 2 branches simultaneously: a released branch on current Chromium stable and a beta branch on Chromium beta.
- Update Chromium to 70.0.3538.67
- Update Node.js to v11.0.0-pre
- Fix: regression with devtools extensions loaded in webview (#6004)
- Fix: [WIN] Dlls missing version field (#6805)
- Fix: crash on continue debugging (#6825)
- Fix: Credential Management API: get resolves to null (#6809)
- [WIN] Ship notification_helper.exe for Win10 native notifications (#6824)
Binary for other platforms: https://dl.nwjs.io/v0.34.0/
There are 2 builds for each platform - normal build, and SDK build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does. lt can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK packages also have more development tools to be exposed in the following releases, as well as the NaCl support.
Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you can access to the latest binary from https://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/
See our mailing list to discuss on this release: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nwjs-general/70scgkT9Q24/zvIdtW8FCAAJ