NW.js v0.35.0 Released with Chromium 71 Stable Upgrade and Node.js v11.3.0
I'm excited to announce NW.js 0.35.0 in the stable branch. It ships Chromium 71 and Node.js v11.3.0 with security fixes.
Chromium 71 contains usual under-the-hood performance and stability tweaks, but there are also some cool new features to explore. It supports International Relative Time Format, Structured cloning of Wasm modules and more. Please check Chromium blog and v8 blog for details. For a complete list of all features (including experimental features) in this release, see the Chrome 71 milestone hotlist.
There are 43 security fixes in this release including:
- High CVE-2018-17480: Out of bounds write in V8.
- High CVE-2018-17481: Use after frees in PDFium.
- High CVE-2018-18335: Heap buffer overflow in Skia.
- High CVE-2018-18336: Use after free in PDFium.
- High CVE-2018-18337: Use after free in Blink.
- High CVE-2018-18338: Heap buffer overflow in Canvas.
We made the 0.35 branch ready soon after Chromium beta bumps to 71. Thanks to the testers for their valuable feedback and bug reports. We've been working on 2 branches simultaneously: a released branch on current Chromium stable and a beta branch on Chromium beta.
- Update Chromium to 71.0.3578.80
- Update Node.js to v11.3.0
- Fix: Webview crashes (#6872)
- Fix: Assertion (env) != nullptr' failed (#6854)
Binary for other platforms: https://dl.nwjs.io/v0.35.0/
There are 2 builds for each platform - normal build, and SDK build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does. lt can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK packages also have more development tools to be exposed in the following releases, as well as the NaCl support.
Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you can access to the latest binary from https://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/
See our mailing list to discuss on this release: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nwjs-general/VF_IXzZex7A/P5sT-XFADQAJ