NW.js v0.35.5 Released
NW.js 0.35.5 is released with the new NW2 mode fixes. The NW2 mode, which is the new browser window implementation, was announced in 0.35.4. It will bring more features and better quality to NW.
Previously we announced 0.35 branch which is based on up-to-date Chromium 71 engine. Chromium 71 contains usual under-the-hood performance and stability tweaks, but there are also some cool new features to explore. It supports International Relative Time Format, Structured cloning of Wasm modules and more. Please check Chromium blog and v8 blog for details. For a complete list of all features (including experimental features) in this release, see the Chrome 71 milestone hotlist.
We made the 0.35 branch ready soon after Chromium beta bumps to 71. Thanks to the testers for their valuable feedback and bug reports. We've been working on 2 branches simultaneously: a released branch on current Chromium stable and a beta branch on Chromium beta.
- NW2: transparency support
- NW2: fix mac frameless window
- NW2: fix exceptions upon setting Window.title
- NW2: disable status bubble
- NW2: cleanup system menu and context menu
- NW2: fix Window.close event
- NW2: fix Window.zoomLevel
- NW2: fix Window.position
- NW2: Fix App.closeAppWindows and App.quit
- NW2: [WIN] Fix showing hidden window
- NW2: disable zoom bubble view
- Linux: Fix crash on CentOS 7.6 when requiring 'crypto' (#6928)
- [docs] Added docs for "run nightly test"
- [docs] Clean up English on win.close()
- [docs] Update Mac package docs to rename nwjs binary
- [tests] update getenv() in test/sanity/testcfg.py
Full ChangeLog: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/blob/nw35/CHANGELOG.md
Binary for other platforms: https://dl.nwjs.io/v0.35.5/
There are 2 builds for each platform - normal build, and SDK build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does. lt can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK packages also have more development tools to be exposed in the following releases, as well as the NaCl support.
Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you can access to the latest binary from https://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/
See our mailing list to discuss on this release: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nwjs-general/wUB4iN55lNc/LkBDAdpDCgAJ