NW.js v0.42.5 Released with Chromium Security Update
Here is NW.js 0.42.5 with Chromium security update and various NW2 mode fixes.
In previous version NW2 mode became the default. NW2 is another key step of the project with major refactoring completed for more features and better quality. See more information on NW2 announcement here.
Previously I released NW.js 0.42 major version with Chromium 78, which contains usual under-the-hood performance and stability tweaks, and there are also some cool new features to explore. It supports Custom CSS Properties, SMS Receiver API, Faster Web Sockets and more. Please check Chromium blog and v8 blog for details. For a complete list of all features (including experimental features) in this release, see the Chrome 78 milestone hotlist.
I've made the 0.42 branch ready soon after Chromium beta bumps to 78. Thanks to the testers for their valuable feedback and bug reports. I've been working on 2 branches simultaneously: a released branch on current Chromium stable and a beta branch on Chromium beta.
- Update Chromium to 78.0.3904.108
- nw2: clear MacOS menu (#7219)
- nw2: nw2: support fullscreen in new-win-policy (#7209)
- nw2: fix new-win-policy ctrl-click and frameless (#7209)
- nw2: Fix windows maximum size
- nw2: use innerHeight and Width for Window.resizeTo
- nw2: Fix window center position, updating dimension, mac max size
- Fix: crash after loading compiled JS (#7126)
- Fix: additional-trust-anchors regression
- [docs] clarify the inner vs outter dimension in various places
Full ChangeLog: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/blob/nw42/CHANGELOG.md
Binary for other platforms: https://dl.nwjs.io/v0.42.5/
There are 2 builds for each platform - normal build, and SDK build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does. lt can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK packages also have more development tools to be exposed in the following releases, as well as the NaCl support.
Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you can access to the latest binary from https://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/
See our mailing list to discuss on this release: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nwjs-general/W2bVStSophA/a7hsqm2qBAAJ