NW.js v0.42.6 Released
NW.js 0.42.6 is here with various NW2 mode fixes. It should be the last 0.42 release as 0.43.0 is coming soon with Chromium 79 stable upgrade.
In previous versions NW2 mode became the default. NW2 is another key step of the project with major refactoring completed for more features and better quality. See more information on NW2 announcement here.
Previously I released NW.js 0.42 major version with Chromium 78, which contains usual under-the-hood performance and stability tweaks, and there are also some cool new features to explore. It supports Custom CSS Properties, SMS Receiver API, Faster Web Sockets and more. Please check Chromium blog and v8 blog for details. For a complete list of all features (including experimental features) in this release, see the Chrome 78 milestone hotlist.
I've made the 0.42 branch ready soon after Chromium beta bumps to 78. Thanks to the testers for their valuable feedback and bug reports. I've been working on 2 branches simultaneously: a released branch on current Chromium stable and a beta branch on Chromium beta.
- Improve kiosk mode in OSX by setting app presentation options. Thanks to Russell Valentine. (#7201)
- Disable Chromium upgrade detector and bubble (#7241)
- nw2: add nw.Window.getAll (#7227)
- nw2: window size limit in package.json don't work in some cases (#7248)
- nw2: taskbar icon on Windows for NW.js is a red square, can't set icon in package.json (#7236)
- nw2: crash on setting kiosk mode
- nw2: Fix Win.setAlwaysOnTop (#7233)
- nw2: fix crash on Window.setShadow() (#7232)
- nw2: Fix fullscreen by manifest (#7225)
- nw2: Fix 'About' menu in macOS (#7219)
- Fix: nwjs app won't quit after devtool is opened. Thanks to Jefry Tedjokusumo (#7226)
- Fix: transparency click-through regression in macOS. Thanks to Jefry Tedjokusumo (#7204)
- [docs] add nw.Window.getAll()
Full ChangeLog: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/blob/nw42/CHANGELOG.md
Binary for other platforms: https://dl.nwjs.io/v0.42.6/
There are 2 builds for each platform - normal build, and SDK build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does. lt can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK packages also have more development tools to be exposed in the following releases, as well as the NaCl support.
Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you can access to the latest binary from https://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/
See our mailing list to discuss on this release: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nwjs-general/wl1ZuplbuuU/S8tyyNBZCAAJ