NW.js v0.43.5 Released with Node.js 13.6.0
Here is 0.43.5 with Node.js updated to latest 13.6.0 stable. This should be the last release of the 0.43 branch. All the known issues blocking NW1 removal are resolved in this release. I'll wait another 1 or 2 major versions to start NW1 code removal. So it's time to remove the
--disable-features=nw2 switch from your application if you are using it. Report NW2 issues (and CC #7230 if it's blocking) and I'll fix them soon.
Since 0.42.4 NW2 mode became the default. NW2 is another key step of the project with major refactoring completed for more features and better quality. Please do read more on this when you upgrade: NW2 announcement.
Chromium 79 contains usual under-the-hood performance and stability tweaks, but there are also some cool new features to explore. It supports WebXR Device API for Web Virtual Reality, support for rendersubtree Attribute, Autofocus Support for any Focusable HTML/SVG Element, Compute img/video Aspect Ratio from Width Or Height HTML Attributes and more. Please check Chromium blog for details. For a complete list of all features (including experimental features) in this release, see the Chrome 79 milestone hotlist.
I've made the 0.43 branch ready soon after Chromium beta bumps to 79. Thanks to the testers for their valuable feedback and bug reports. I've been working on 2 branches simultaneously: a released branch on current Chromium stable and a beta branch on Chromium beta.
Best regards, Roger Wang
- Node: update to v13.6.0
- Fix: disable throttling of worker / broadcast channel messages (#7090)
- Fix: crash on nw.App.quit in devtools_window.cc (#7317)
- Fix: win.leaveKioskMode() and win.toggleKioskMode() not working (#7272)
- Fix: NW2: Clicks on the tray icon not being sent to function. (#7297)
- Fix: NW2: Uncaught ReferenceError: Window.eval in different context (#7315)
- Fix: NW2: Window geometry is not remembered after close (#7314)
- Fix: nw2: poor Window icon quality if you use package.json or link rel="icon" (#7312)
- Fix: nw2: window.loaded event behaves differently than it's DOM equivalent (#7306)
- Fix: iframe with nwfaketop denies samesite cookies (#7305)
Full ChangeLog: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/blob/nw43/CHANGELOG.md
Binary for other platforms: https://dl.nwjs.io/v0.43.5/
There are 2 builds for each platform - normal build, and SDK build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does. lt can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK packages also have more development tools to be exposed in the following releases, as well as the NaCl support.
Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you can access to the latest binary from https://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/
See our mailing list to discuss on this release: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nwjs-general/W94rXa_WO_I/fX6wpmayCgAJ