NW.js v0.44.0 Released with Chromium 80
I'm excited to release NW.js 0.44.0 in stable branch. It ships Chromium 80 and two new features: full page screenshot and silent autoprint.
A new API
Window.captureScreenshot() is added to support full page screenshot. The full webpage beyond the visible area can be captured with it. See the document for more information and example.
The autoprint API
Window.print() adds a
silent option to hide the print window.
I've made the 0.44 branch ready soon after Chromium beta bumps to 80. Thanks to the testers for their valuable feedback and bug reports. I've been working on 2 branches simultaneously: a released branch on current Chromium stable and a beta branch on Chromium beta.
- Update to Chromium 80.0.3987.87
- Linux: Fix ANGLE lib loading path
- Fix mac crash reporting
- [docs] add Window.captureScreenshot
- NW2: add Window.captureScreenshot - support fullpage screenshot
- Fix: Pressing the ESC key will now EXIT "FullScreen mode" with RM MV. (#7324)
- Fix: NW2: Crashing renderer shows Aw, Snap! (#7339)
- Fix: folder select dialog shows upload button instead of select on MacOS (#7338)
- Fix: NW2: (Linux) Transparency and resize handling in frameless windows not working as intended (#7325)
- Fix: NW2: win.blur() does not fire correctly (#7327)
- Fix: NW2: Sometimes the window cannot be closed (#7326)
- Fix: NW2: User Window Metrics Not Saved/Respected (#7322)
window.opendoes not load
inject_js_endwhen opening the page. (#7320)
- Fix: Autoprint is not completely silent (#6269)
- Fix: win.window is undefined after navigation to remote url (#7304)
Full ChangeLog: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/blob/nw44/CHANGELOG.md
Binary for other platforms: https://dl.nwjs.io/v0.44.0/
There are 2 builds for each platform - normal build, and SDK build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does. lt can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK packages also have more development tools to be exposed in the following releases, as well as the NaCl support.
Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you can access to the latest binary from https://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/
See our mailing list to discuss on this release: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nwjs-general/bdmwTO7ygQI/N-LHWAk5AwAJ