NW.js v0.44.1 Released with Node.js v13.8.0
Here is NW.js 0.44.1 in stable branch. It ships Node.js v13.8.0 and bug fixes.
All the known issues blocking NW1 removal are resolved in this release. I'll wait another 1 or 2 major versions to start NW1 code removal. So it's time to remove the
--disable-features=nw2 switch from your application if you are using it. Report NW2 issues (and CC #7230 if it's blocking) and I'll fix them soon.
Since 0.42.4 NW2 mode became the default. NW2 is another key step of the project with major refactoring completed for more features and better quality. Please do read more on this when you upgrade: NW2 announcement.
I've made the 0.44 branch ready soon after Chromium beta bumps to 80. Thanks to the testers for their valuable feedback and bug reports. I've been working on 2 branches simultaneously: a released branch on current Chromium stable and a beta branch on Chromium beta.
- Node: Update to v13.8.0
- Fix: Quit on macOS from top or dock icon menus does not have "quit" value in "close" event (#7365)
- Fix: MacOS builtin menu can not switch according to the focused Window (#7366)
- Fix: App starts with min_height and min_width instead of height and width (#7358)
- Fix: App won't quit on Mac (#7355)
- Fix: File & Folder dialogs of the wrong type and undraggable on MacOS (#7349)
- Fix: NW2 issue : (Linux) NW.js crashes when an opened window has attached the 'move' event (#7359)
- Fix: NW2 issue : (Linux) Nw.js should NOT show the chromium default menu bar as global (#7364)
- Fix: Regression of allowed String length,
Full ChangeLog: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/blob/nw44/CHANGELOG.md
Binary for other platforms: https://dl.nwjs.io/v0.44.1/
There are 2 builds for each platform - normal build, and SDK build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does. It can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK packages also have more development tools to be exposed in the following releases, as well as the NaCl support.
Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you can access to the latest binary from https://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/
See our mailing list to discuss on this release: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nwjs-general/leGDgrxvOpE/aACb5I-LFQAJ